But your followers or constituency will repeat and admire you for saying it!
Muhammad Ali said it, Karl Marx said it, JFK said it, Gandhi said it and Jesus Christ said it especially.
Here are some tips of how you cannot think about building your message.
1. Not Marketing Hype…the best seminar ever
2. Not offensive
3. Not silly
4. One single sentence
5. If you have to explain it, it’s not good enough.
6. If I Google your words do you have competition.
7. Can it be printed on a t-shirt or cufflinks and would somebody wear them?
8. Does it have to be original? No, not if you make it yours. Was Ali the first to say “I am the greatest” No, but he was the first to say it to a TV audience with such confidence and conviction.
My friend Jeoff Haskins says “Right now, wherever you are, you have chosen.”
Here are some that I could say:
1. All marketing should be No-Bull marketing
2. Marketing? What marketing?
3. "Stuck? Ask what Rod Sloane would do, now?" OK a bit ego centric!!!
4. Pick up the phone, you wazzock!
5. You call this, marketing?
What can you say that no one else can say or…. dare say? Go on say it!