John Quelch’s next point in the Marketing of a President is that Obama's communications were professional without being slick. He was smarter than the competition. So how you can you be smarter?
1. Have you shared you story, do you talk in stories?
2. Do you use all the media both old and new?
3. Do you know what business you are really in?
4. Is it all about you, your products and services? Or are you trying to share ideas and be a resource?
5. Are you consistent with whom you are, what you say and do?
6. Or are you changing message every five minutes?
Outsmarting the competition takes time and courage...start today!